Bows and Fros Private Policy
Effective Date: May 13, 2019
WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
WHAT Personal Data Do We Collect and WHEN?
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or use our Site.
This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and
shipping, billing address;
- login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- payment or credit card information;
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags.
WHY and HOW Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Site and Services You Request
When you use our Site, we will use your personal data to provide the requested product. For example, if you make a purchase on BowsandFros.com, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase. If you contact our consumer services, we will use information about you, such as delivery or payment information, or the product you have purchased to help you resolve a problem or question.
To Communicate Information about our Products
If you are an existing customer of Bows and Fros (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar Bows and Fros products, where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted-out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business and Products
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we use that information for accounting, audits and other internal functions.
To Protect Our or Others’ Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Sites, Apps and services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to BowsandFros.com search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
Bows and Fros Sharing
Bows and Fros does not intentionally share your information with third party service providers. We will only use your personal data for the following:
- Third party service providers processing personal data, for
example to process credit cards and payments, distribute emails, and product
- To any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of your Personal Data
- Encryption & Security: We use a variety of technical, administrative, and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools in certain circumstances, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
Despite our efforts, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
- Retention of your personal data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this policy, unless otherwise required by law. For example, we keep your account profile information for as long as you keep your Bows and Fros account, but, we may keep your order history longer to comply with legal obligations.
- Managing your personal data: You may have the right to request: (1) access to your personal data; (2) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (3) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (4) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you have a request regarding your personal data that cannot be fulfilled from your account settings, please contact us.
- Managing your content: You can request removal of your posted User Generated Content on the Site, but please note that removal may not encompass all possible locations, for example, back-ups or sharing by other users initiated prior to removal.
- Managing your notifications: If you have a Bows and Fros account, you can opt-out of receiving Bows and Fros marketing communications by modifying the preferences in your account settings.
COOKIES and Pixel Tags
Bows and Fros collects information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Site. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (1) IP-address; (2) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (3) unique device identifier and device type; (4) domain, browser type and language, (5 operating system and system settings; (6) country and time zone; (7) previously visited websites; (8) information about your interaction with our Site such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (9) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via Site through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and
are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be
remembered as you explore our Site within a single session or, if you request,
from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process
possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Site’s functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Site through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Site. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media. Your browser can help you manage cookies.
QUESTIONS and Feedback
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns, or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner.